Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Class was fantastic!!!

I taught a beautiful, gentle hatha yoga class last night and I really loved teaching it. The energy in the room was fantastic. Most of the students that came had never done yoga before so it was a chance to go back to basics. It's always good to go back to basics when you teach because sometimes we forget the very basic things that we loved about yoga in the first place. I was reminded to feel the breath in the back of the throat, to synchronize all the movements with the inhalation and exhalation and just enjoy the feeling of a simple spinal twist. No warriors, no handstands, no arm balances. Just mindful and peaceful yoga that truly is my passion. Thank all of you for coming to my class. I hope you enjoyed it and I look forward to progressing our yoga practice together. Next class is tomorrow at 9:30 am. Om, shanti to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment