Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Help! I've Lost My Chakras!

Have you ever felt like you've lost your chakras? Worse than that, have you ever felt as if a situation or person stole your chakras from you? That's how I've been feeling lately. I had a situation happen that made me feel as if I would never be able to feel them again. I'd never be able to visualize the chakra colors again. I'd never be able to chant the seed mantras again without thinking about the afore mentioned situation. Even after spilling my guts about what happened to one of the people involved I still felt tense and tight. Even anxious and I am not an anxious person.

I went to Joy's class at The Yoga Source this morning. It was good to be there. I love it there. I love teaching there and taking class there as well. When Joy came in Ruth requested a restorative class. Everyone in the room was on board except me. I was the only one who went on record to say that I wanted to have my ass kicked but if everyone else wanted restorative I would agree to it. Joy pulled out the bolsters and blankets and guided us through a fabulous restorative class complete with virparita karani (legs up the wall) and supported child.

At one point in the class she started talking about the chakras, their colors, location on the body and had us breathe into them. It allowed me to visit my chakras again but this time with Joy one of the two yoga teachers that I love and adore and respect above all other teachers. She spoke of them gently and calmly and I was able to bring my attention to them and not be afraid because I felt safe with Joy.

I emerged from Joy's class with a renewed sense of well being. I realize now that the wanting to have my ass kicked was tied to the above mentioned situation and now I can really, finally let it go. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment